Wednesday, July 18, 2012

This Is Colossal

In light of the fact that I pined about my affection of photography yesterday and longed, via twitter (of course) to be able to draw well- or be an artist of any kinda, which I'm definitely not confusing with being a "crafter," I'd like to share one of my favorite websites ever, Colossal.

Colossal is an art blog that shares stunningly beautiful artwork from around the globe and from across the internet.  Entries feature art of all mediums and artists of all caliber- both professional and amateur.  Here are a few of the recent artworks that I've found incredibly beautiful.  I hope that you have the opportunity to explore the site and marvel at the other featured works, I promise that you will not be disappointed.

Remarkable Portraits Made with a Single Sewing Thread Wrapped through Nails by Kumi Yamashita thread portraits art
I found this portrait, done by Kumi Yamashita using a single sewing thread and wrapping it around hundreds of little nails to be breathtaking. 
Remarkable Portraits Made with a Single Sewing Thread Wrapped through Nails by Kumi Yamashita thread portraits art

New Carved Book Landscapes by Guy Laramee sculpture paper books
And the carvings that Guy Laramee composed using books were stunning.  Utterly stunning.

New Carved Book Landscapes by Guy Laramee sculpture paper books

And not to be outdone, here's something from a little artist of my own:

Hey, for being 1, this piece by Arden ain't half bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment