Sunday, July 29, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dad

I'm pretty sure that every girl thinks, at one point or another, that her Dad is the tallest person she knows.  I still think that, probably because my Dad's 6'3" and I don't meet a lot of people that are legitimately taller than him.  The reason I mention this is because my Dad has not only seemed tall, but he's always seemed larger than life; a somewhat fabled person who, by in large, can do no wrong.

This weekend, my family and I had the great fortune of celebrating my Dad's birthday with him- we all gathered under one roof and for a moment in time we celebrated the man that we all look up to- again, partly because he's taller than most of us.

So, to my Dad and hero, I love you.  Happy Birthday.
We danced to Bing Crosby's Too-Ra-Loo-Ra-Loo-Ral, which is the lullaby that he's sang to all of his children and grandchildren.

This pretty much is the best picture of my father and I, ever.  I think it accurately depicts our relationship, while I'm acting like a complete doof, he's silently smirking in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment