Wednesday, July 11, 2012

#17 Set Up A Home Office

One of my 30 before 30's is to set up a home office.  As you can see below, I now consider this: accomplished.  As someone who's always struggled with not being organized, I realized that it was important to at least concentrate our junk and messy activities in one room.  Since it's been about 6 months since I did this and the room is looking quite messy today, as is the rest of the house, I'm not sure how well that worked out, but the office itself looks amazing.

Jim and I dedicated one whole day to cleaning out, then cleaning up the office.  Followed by moving everything in and installing all of the projects (yes, 2 of which were featured on Monday and Tuesday).  By the end of the day, we had a functional and family friendly office that still met the goal of getting more organized.


The total cost of the make over was around $350 ($388.94 to be exact), here's how it turned out:

Cottage Desk - White.Opens in a new window
I don't have a good picture of the desk, but here it is, $135.99 via Target.



The rug we had, but it was about $100 from Pier1; however, it's no longer available.

$16.99 via Target.

I tried to find this online, but it doesn't seem like it's available any longer.  We got this for about $50 via  Target.

This is no longer available either; however, it was about $20 via Target.

I love these simple pictures that I picked up at Ikea for $7.99 each.

The frames were purchased at Ikea for $9.99 each.  This also meets my 30 before 30 #21 since these were the pictures I was referencing when I wrote that goal.

As I noted on Monday, this was about $10.

I love this idea too.  The baskets were purchased at Target for $1 each, then I bought crayons and markers and hung them with 3M hooks so the kids would have quick, easy access to the supplies they needed.  Total cost, about $10.

As I mentioned yesterday, this was about $10.



No comments:

Post a Comment