Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Library

For as long as Cullen's been alive, I've been saying, "I need to get a library card."  Well, since it was 100+ degrees yesterday, we took advantage of an activity that was both productive and meant that we could continue to be showered in air conditioning, we signed up for a library card.

The boys had a lot of fun running amok in the crowded library (guess everyone else had the same thought as  we did) and were totally enamored with all of the new books that we could take home.  Of course each of them randomly pulled out 5 books that then had to be narrowed down replaced by my choices and I think we did pretty well; 2 classics, a truck book and a new book with dogs, especially for Arden.

Since the card was free and the boys had a great time, I've made a commitment to go to the library at least twice a month.  However, seeing as it took 2 1/2 years to get a card, I'm not sure that'll actually happen, but even if it's 2 times a year, I will feel good about it.  We are teaching our boys a lot of things: how to use community resources, how to share and that you can get quality things for free.





No comments:

Post a Comment