Wednesday, April 18, 2012

That Baby Smell

Today's post is being brought to you by the number 7,006,313,162.

The day that he was born, the world's population was roughly 7.1 billion people- I calculated it to be 7,006,313,162, give or take a few thousand.  That "he" is my nephew, Baby Joseph, born to my sister- and best friend, Megan and her boyfriend, Joseph.

I was there for the whole thing, she did such a good job.  Pretty sure that I would have been terrible at the whole pushing, breathing and remaining calm thing, I've never stood more firmly behind my decision that c-sections are the best option for me then I do right now.  But not her, she was a champ; she was amazingly strong and her Mama instincts took over the moment he was born.

She's my hero and I was so happy that she let me share that experience with her.

Every time I see him, I make sure to breathe in his baby smell.  Remember that baby smell?  It's usually a combination of baby wash and baby throw up with some a&d ointment thrown in there, well he's got it.  He's also got the distinct smell of milk in his neckrolls, a family that's madly in love with him and a special place in my heart.

And, I mean just look at this little man, is he not the cutest?    He reminds me so much of Cullen when he was a baby that I did a side-by-side so everyone can see what I'm talking about.









No comments:

Post a Comment