Wednesday, June 6, 2012

It's Not Real Yet, But One Day It Will Be

I've thought countless times about the future; specifically, about how I want the boys to be friends and best friends if possible.  Then I realize that this means they are going to be getting into all sorts of trouble, more than they do right now and that's hard to believe.  A few weekends ago, I got a momentary glimpse of that future and thought, "One day, this will happen, only it'll be for real," and I've got to admit, I'm scared shitless for that day.

But then I think, what a balanced set of brothers they are-- Cullen's always jumping, smashing and dancing, while Arden sits back, observes and quietly swoops in; it makes me certain that they're going to be all right.  And that maybe they'll have too much fun sometimes, (hey, who hasn't?) but when it gets real crazy, my Little Arden will make sure that Brother stays in check.


No comments:

Post a Comment