Sunday, June 24, 2012

MomMom and PopPop's Boat

I'm a land-lover myself, but on the occasion that we have the good fortune to venture down to Jim's parent's boat, it's always a good time.  For a split second, I'm all, "we could buy a boat and live on it," but then I remember that I'm a land-lover and scrap that idea.

However, my children and my husband seem to have some instinctual connection with the sea, a fascination that is amazing, but scary when they're clamoring and fighting to run to the front of the boat (which I know has some fancy-pants nautical name that I can't be bothered to google right now, which is another reason I can't own a boat; it's called front, back, left and right, people, why reinvent the wheel?) as fast as they can.  As a result of this love, Cullen proceeded to kick and scream for a half hour as we pulled out of the marina, only stopping when he eventually fell asleep.


As soon as he was off, Jim and I knowingly looked at one another, agreeing that we'd be back in a few weeks, because that's how we do; making sure each childhood demand for more adventure becomes a tradition.






















 Thanks MomMom and PopPop for a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment