Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Where's Elmo?

When I started having children, people had a lot to say; advice being the most prolific thing shared.  I learned from that experience that I'd never give advice (unless I thought there'd be some life threatening consequence if I didn't) and that I'd only offer help when I was asked.  However, I never minded when people shared simple tips that made their lives easier.  Over the past 2 1/2 years, I've come across my own tips that have worked well and so I thought I'd start sharing a few.  I know that sort of sounds like advice, but trust me, it's not; that's why I'm calling them tips.

Tip #1:

In order to make my children look at my cell phone camera, I put a sticker of a recognizable character on the back of my phone near the camera lens.  A while ago, I purchased Sesame Street stickers in mass quantities from the Target dollar spot and realized this was a great way to use them.  So, now when I'm taking a picture, I say, "Where's Elmo?" and both of my kids look and if I time it just right, I can snap a picture before they point to him.  However, that's not always the case and I have quite a few pictures (mostly of Arden) where someone is flat out pointing at Elmo.  
I hope this works as well for your family as it has for mine!

Like I said, sometimes it works and sometimes, it doesn't.

Pointing at Elmo.

If I can even get Cullen to look at the camera, it's a successful endeavor. 





1 comment:

  1. Here from TBB!

    What a great idea!!! Once my new phone gets it's first scratch (and is thus broke in) I'm TOTALLY going to get an Elmo sticker for it! :oD

    ReplyDelete