Friday, January 13, 2012

Well, that looks dangerous

When my siblings and I were little, we watched Hook... a lot.  And one of the joys of watching a movie 900 times, is that eventually the lines from the movie become part of your everyday life.  For example, whenever I see anything that appears to be even remotely dangerous, it immediately makes me think of the line Robin Williams uses at 0:17 below, "Ohhh, that is so dangerous."





Today, while we were on our way to visit my brother, we happened to see this tower crane (and no, I had no idea it was called that until I Googled, elevated crane):

Yep, this is it.  Look at how the "tail end" of the little conductors pod totally hangs off the edge.

Instant vertigo.



which, I'm sure is incredibly structurally sound and there is no danger involved with operating it at all, but I couldn't help myself.  I went all Robin Williams'

"OHHHH, THAT IS SO DANGEROUS!" 

There are several jobs that I could never do (wool factory worker being one of them) and this one is definitely going on that list; I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't even be able to figure out how to get into the damn thing, let alone stave off a full blown panic attack before I black out and rip a ginormous hole in whatever tall building someone has foolishly hired me to construct.  Nope, I don't believe I could do that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment