Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's not a law, but it should be.

Anyone who's on Pinterest knows this pin:

It's time to eat Grandpa!
It's time to eat, Grandpa!
Proper grammar just saved Grandpa's life.

Anyone who reads this blog knows:

Girl struggles with a comma.

It's not my fault, I really think that the basic rules of grammar are not explained anymore.  For real, I couldn't diagram a sentance if there was a Vera Wang diamond ring starin' me in the face.  I'm going to try to get better though, because sometimes I reread my posts and cringe.  Bad grammar is like nails on a chalkboard, only worse, because that sound only lasts for 10 seconds, whereas bad grammar can kill my Grandpa.

According to grammarbook.com, there are 21 comma rules.  Yes, you read that correctly, 21 rules (those commas can both be attributed to rule #8... I think.).  Does anyone else think that blows?  Although, not having the comma would be terrible (rule #8).

No comments:

Post a Comment