Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Old Blues Eyes is my Cousin?

Before Cullen was born, I assumed (erroneously) that everyone was born with blue eyes.  Cut to Cullen, who was born with the darkest eyes I have ever seen and my theory went bust.  All babies are in fact not born with blue eyes and they also don't generally lighten as they get older.  I know this, because for weeks on end, I studied Cullen's eyes for a hint of yellow or even a light brown to gradually rise up, but nope... not a single color variation has yet to appear.

When I got pregnant with Arden, I naturally assumed that my genes would be smashed again and he would come out looking just like Cullen.  Wrong.  Really wrong.  Really, really wrong.  Assuming got me nowhere (again) and he was born with blue eyes.  After we brought him home, I did some research (which really means that I stared blankly at all of the dominant and recessive eye color charts) on the statistical probability of having a parent with brown eyes (Jim) and a parent with blue eyes (me) having a child with blue eyes; I still don't know what the odds are because the charts are so damn confusing.

However, I did learn this interesting tidbit: everyone with blue eyes has one common ancestor; which means, everyone with blue eyes is related.  Ergo, I am related to Frank Sinatra, which explains a lot seeing as I have such natural talent and old-school-swanky-charisma. 


Check out these other famous people I'm realted to:
Paul Newman
Marlon Brando
Camron Diaz
Jennifer Anniston
Taylor Swift

1 comment:

  1. This means you are also related to Danny so, "What up, Sis-in-Law!"

    ReplyDelete