Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Politician and The Rock Star

I think every parent at one time or another tries to project their child into the future and take a guess at what they will become; I do the exact same thing.  The boys had their picture day at school recently and before they left, I made them get pictures for me; it was a picture before picture day thing, I'm pretty sure that all parents love to do this, right?  (It's kind of like if you ever had someone coming into clean your house, you always clean up first, right?)  The pictures turned out okay, but it was what I realized after I took them that made them more meaningful.  I'm calling this picture the The Politician and The Rock Star.

Arden, of course, is the Politician and Cullen will forever be the Rock Star.  It's more than just how they look in their school gear, it's the legendary personalities that these two groups of people tend to have.  Rock Stars are loud and boisterous (try getting Jagger to sit for a picture) and that's my Cullen, he's 100% rock and roll. And Arden, well he's quiet and unassuming, but don't mistake this for weakness, he runs the show and up in here; he's got the power.

Happy Picture Day 2012.



No comments:

Post a Comment