Monday, October 15, 2012

A Boy and His Dad

There are thousands of legendary stories that detail the relationship between sons and fathers and quite frankly, I think my boys can give those stories a run for their money.  Everywhere we go, I hear "those boys love their Dad,"  Or " they sure are Daddy's boys, hunh?"  And I'm all, "yep, they sure are..."

It's so nice to watch them develop this bond with their father, although every once in a while I'm like, "is this thing on?"  I love these pictures that I snapped at the beach recently.  Cullen's one of those kids that is fearless, as long as Daddy's around to reassure him.  He was afraid that the ocean was going to splash him (even though we were a 100 feet away) and only Jim was able to comfort him.  Eventually he got over it and we had a good time, but that face basically says it all, "don't mess with me ocean, or my Dad's going to be really mad at you."

So, to all of the great Dad's out there, and in particular Jim, thanks for keeping those boys safe from the ocean... and monsters and crocodiles and sharks; y'all are the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment