Monday, October 22, 2012

Family, Dirt Roads & Tree Houses

Watching any urban dwellers getting to stretch their legs in the great outdoors is always heartwarming, but when it's my kids, it's damn near exhilarating.  This weekend, we had the opportunity to visit my cousin and her family who live in a real log cabin- it was awesome.  The boys had a great time running down dirt roads and I got to experience something my parents told me about all too often- trusting that the older cousins will look after the younger ones.  The homemade tree house proved to be a nice family bonding experience as little ones were looked after by older ones while ascending and descending the ladder as a nervous Mama looked on.

We don't get to spend nearly enough moments together with my cousin who lives about an hour and half away, but each time we do, I feel rejuvenated and grateful that despite the distance, our family always has an authentically good time.

Cheers to family, dirt roads and homemade tree houses.


No comments:

Post a Comment