Monday, October 1, 2012

978, It's Not An Area Code

My sister, and best friend, recently had a birthday.  Typically, I like to highlight my loved one's birthdays on my blog; however, I took a little hiatus and didn't get a chance to recognize and mark the occasion.  So, here it goes.

Her and I were born 978 days apart- I came early, she was 2 weeks late.  I'm pretty sure that we are literally opposite in every way: she's emotional and passionate, I'm rational (to a fault) and refrain from making a declarative statement whenever I can.   She's the knock-out, I'm the comedienne.  She's the middle child and I'm the oldest sister.  She's the best and I try to be like her whenever I can.

So, to my little sister on her belated birthday, I cannot wait for another year filled with antics and embarrassing moments- you know that one's where you threaten each other to bring up old, old, old school embarrassing moments that trump the recent ones if they are repeated; yeah, those.  I look forward to watching you get married and sharing in your son's first birthday.  Watching my niece get dressed up for my birthday (toot, toot) and most of all getting drop in visits at 8:00 pm and watching hilarious TV clips; ones that only her and I find funny- 'cause that's us and how we do.

Happy Birthday, Sissy.  Love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment