Thursday, May 3, 2012

That Feeling

When my child is in day care while I'm at work, the scariest thing ever is seeing the day care's name pop up on my caller id.  No joke, I want to shit a brick.  Today when I got a call saying that Arden had bumped his chin, and I probably should come take a look, I panicked.  What I will remember most about early childhood parenting is this feeling, because saying that I panicked doesn't really do it justice.  The feeling is stronger, it's kinda like hysteria with a dash of nausea.  Even thinking about it makes me have anxiety.

Well, I went and looked and because I'm not a doctor (I just play one on TV), I decided to let the pediatrician make the call.  4 hours, 2 stitches and 3 shots later (4 including the Novocaine), my baby and I left the doctor's office, frazzled but in good spirits.

I guess with boys, these cuts and bumps are bruises come with the territory and I'm fine with that.  But that feeling, the one of complete helplessness and terror, I'm definitely not cool with that one.  Nope, I don't ever need that one again.


No comments:

Post a Comment