Friday, March 25, 2011

My Christmas wish came true.

Last year, when Cullen got his Christmas pictures done, I was torn about the way I hoped they would turn out.  On one hand I wanted the quintessential "smiley picture."  But I secretly thought that a crying baby picture would have been awesome!  When I see my "crying baby" Santa pictures, I get a good laugh; they're hilarious!  As it turns out, Wub was pretty apathetic when we took him; not smiling, but not crying.

Fast forward to 3 1/2 months later, he's pretty much over "just sitting there" in pictures.  Now, he's much more expressive and combine that with the fact that he's more on the go than ever and we've got an, "if don't want to be in the picture, trust me, I'm not gonna be in the darn picture!" attitude.  Recently, we took the boys to a local park.  I love this park; it's small and established (a nice way of saying old).  It has a tiny playground and a little walking path, you get it.... it's a park.  (Secretly, I love it because it's located behind a restaurant where they make wood fired pizza, so it smells delicious!)  It was a great feeling to be there as a family of four and I tried to savor every minute of it.  We let Wub play on the park equipment (supervised!) while Arden and I soaked up the weather on a nearby bench.  It was so nice to watch him going up the stairs and down the slide all by himself.  I made sure that I packed the camera because, hey, I'm not missing this nostalgic moment in time!  So, I started snapping.  And snapping and snapping some more.  Of course, Beebee was a willing participant because he had no other options, but Wub had other ideas. It was clear he wasn't going to smile and pose and "glamour shots" it for me.  But that's ok, because now our park pictures have become my new favorites; it's like I finally got those non smiling Christmas pictures I wanted, these are classic!


Getting excited for the bubbles!

He was so happy to be out there with Daddy.

Going down the slide feet first!  This is an accomplisment for him.

Beebee's first time at the park; isn't he so adorable!

Ok, get ready for my new favorite picture series:

No thanks!  Not going to get my picture taken...

Besides this being hilarious, look at Jim... he's smiling!  He's such a great Dad, he's smiling no matter what... that and he was also probably afraid that he would "hear about it" if he wasn't smiling in the picture!

*Perfect picture.*  I can't decide whose face I like better, Wub's or Beebee's!

I can't wait for our next trip to the park to see what other classic moments we capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment