Friday, March 4, 2011

I heart

daytime television because:

1. It's a female's paradise, there’s more birthing, drinking and fashion going on than you can shake a stick at.
2. By drinking I mean Kathie Lee and Hoda are getting "day wasted" and I'm cheering' them on. Regis and Kathie Lee remind me of summers spent watching daytime TV with my mom and I'm pretty sure my boys will think the same about Kathie lee and Hoda for me (also its kinda weird that these two shows involve Kathie lee).
3. It's light hearted; basically as tough hitting as you're going to get is some suburban drams, something I can handle; there's no law and order "duhn, duhns" midday thank you very much.
4. Every once in a while I will catch an interview with a celebrity who is relatable; I'm talkin' to you Chelsea Handler. Babysitting ring when you're 12, pure genius woman, pure genius. But thank goodness it was the 70's, moms these days are hard core and if they found out you were only 12 when you were babysitting their kids, they'd have you scared straight, my friend.
5. Local news anchors crack me up. I'm convinced that my local anchors don't get along, one of them is always "reporting from the road". They say its to bring the viewers information about things, I think its because the lady anchor has a meltdown whenever the man anchor is on set, like full blown having to change her forest green blazer to a navy one because she clawed the buttons off in a frenzy. But since she's the pretty face and he's the likable one they try to keep both of them happy. I know, I know, its pretty far fetched, but I feel like I'm smarter than the average viewer so they can't fool me with their everyone wants to know about the new local bakery segments, news flash: we don't care, bring on the bitchy on air jabs!


Ok, so this took me 13, minutes, but I love TV, so I feel the extra 3 minutes was warranted.

It's true, I get this excited about daytime TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment