Friday, March 25, 2011

I heart

Spring and let me tell you why.

1. No more jackets! Going anywhere with a jacket is a hassle. There's never anywhere to put them and they just make me look bulky. No thanks, I'll pass!

2. There is this stretch of road about a mile long right by my house that is lined with daffodils. It's the first sign of spring and it's beautiful.

3. Likewise, right as spring starts, there are daffodils that bloom along the woods edge of our back yard. I can't help but wonder who would have planted flowers bulbs back there, regardless of who it was, it brings me happiness and for that, I am thankful.

4. There will be lots of time spent at the park this year; I'm determined to have an old school picnic, whether the boys want to or not.

5."Tree tunnels" reappear. There are two tree tunnels in my town, one in the way in/out, depending on how your traveling and the other right in my own neighborhood."Tree tunnels" are streets that are draped on both side by, well... trees. (Hence, as you drive through it's almost as if you're going through a "tunnel." I know it's a stretch, but take the leap with me, I know you want to!) It's really beautiful when they are leafy and big and for some reason it reminds me of a nice, hearty, southern drawl filled "welcome home."

5. Pastel colored hard boiled eggs. Enough said.

I hope you enjoy spring as much as I do and remember to roll down the windows the next time you find yourself traveling through a "tree tunnel." It's good for one's soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment