Friday, February 18, 2011

Randomania

No theme today, just a bunch of little updatey things to share:

1. Our cable is out, so annoying.  I was raised on TV, so even if I'm not watching it, I still need it to be on for background noise; it's totally my version of white noise.  Also, our cable company is kind of my nemesis.  I work in a "customer is always right" type field and so I try to have some compassion for service representatives, but I'm not sure that this company's representitves always have the same feelings about me being right.  About a year and a half ago (when we were having the SAME problem!) someone made the mistake of laughing at me; needless to say, I kind of messed up his day.  Although, I was 9 months pregnant at the time, so that was virtually excusable in my book.  Yesterday, I was so happy with the results of my SECOND call to our cable company that I thanked the guy for being the, "first nondouchebag in customer service that I ever talked to."

2. My theory on kid’s clothing is apparently not in keeping with today's trends.  I feel as though you should dress little ones like they were adults and not subject them to those crazy decaled onesies/tee shirts that you will both regret later on.  Yes, I'm talking to you designer of "Mommy's little stinker" onesie with a skunk on it and "Mommy's attention hog" onesie with a hedgehog on it; Jim clearly doesn't agree since Arden is wearing the "Mommy's attention hog" onesie as I type.  These shirts always remind me of a scene from Father of The Bride where George is trying to come up with places to have Annie's reception and he suggests their favorite restaurant, The Steak Pit; and Matty, wise beyond his years, replied, 'I'm not sure if we want the word 'pit' on a wedding invitation.'  That's how I feel about the double entendre slogan baby tee shirts/onesies; I don't need the word "MILF" scrawled across my son's chest, thank you very much. (Although, I did actually find one that I liked one time; it was a onesie that had a robot on it that said, "don't push my buttons."  That is legitimately hilarious and therefore I support just that ONE slogan shirt.)

3.  Someone had an anniversary and it was totally me and Jim.  5 years, baby!  Like I always tell Jim, "the best 5 years of his life!"  It is amazing how much my life has changed in the last 5 years: a husband? 2 kids? that's crazy.  No seriously, it kind of is crazy because about 6 months before I met Jim I told my Dad that I didn't want to get married; guess that never happened.  But in all seriousness, a marriage takes a lot of work; something that I know my 25 year old self didn't realize, it takes more than just love; once we realized that, I knew that we would be together forever.  Happy Anniversary, Jim.


On our day of wedded bliss.


4.  I'm getting my hair cut today.  I'm not nervous for the actual cut, I'm nervous for the styling portion.  (Doesn't that sound like I'm getting ready for surgery?)  I haven't gotten my hair cut in a while, like as in years, so this should be interesting.

5.  I just got this text from my sister, "The chik fil a workers were asking about u and if u had the baby!"  Something I should confess; I ate Chick fila 5 days a week and sometimes Saturday for just about 34 weeks.  I have my favorite cashiers, I also can recite my order by heart; here goes, "I would like a number 5, 12 count with a bottle of water and instead of the fries can I get a side salad with spicy dressing.  And can I get an 8 count nugget, not the meal, just the nuggets.  Sauce?  Can I get 1 ranch dipping sauce and 2 Chick fila sauces.  Thanks."  I know it sounds crazy, but because of being high risk I had to know the nutritional contents of everything that I was eating, so thanks Chick fila, you certainly helped contribute to creating 2 happy, healthy little baby boys.

That's about it for now, I hope you enjoy your weekend as much as we are planning too!  And to start it off right, here's an adorbale series of pictures of Wubbles from dinner the other night.  Enjoy!


"This is delicious, but the bowl is kind of in the way."

"What?!  The bowl is in the way!"

"Here, this works so much better."

No comments:

Post a Comment