Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Balance Of Being Three

There's very little that I know for certain in life, but what I do know is that when my sweet, darling boy picks a flower for me at recess and stashes it away in his cubby for me to find when I pick him up at the end of the day, my heart melts.  His kindness and thoughtfulness is really overwhelming sometimes.  Like when he says to me, "I will try not to ever hurt your feelings, Mom!" I know that he means it.

But there are days (many, many days) that are filled with running and jumping and kicking and pushing and shoving and all sorts of rambunctious boy stuff that would test anyone's patience.  So, it's amazing to watch this little balance start to happen.  Cullen is always the first one to exclaim, "you look so pretty, Mom!" when I walk down the stairs, but still has no problem screeching in my face if he doesn't like what I have to say.  I guess it's part of growing up, but since I'm biased  I think he's doing a better job than most kids his age; he has an amazingly kind spirit that literally gives me strength and happiness.

So that flower (which is really a weed, but who's judging?) that he picked got immediately wrapped up in my purse and is going to stay there- a reminder of how a nice gesture brings so much joy to my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment