Friday, August 10, 2012

Here's Another One

Not too long ago, I wrote an entry about a picture of my Mother and I that I really enjoy and I elaborated in that post that there were other pictures that I felt similarly about, well here's another picture.  My niece was fortunate enough to be born with 1 Great Grandparent and let me tell you, he adored her.  She was born shortly before Christmas and he was not in the best of health when she was born, but that Christmas was magical.  He stared intently at her and didn't want to put her down; I'm pretty sure that he fell in love with her the moment he saw her.  He wasn't with us nearly long enough to see the little girl she's become, so this picture means a lot to me.  It captures the innocence and wonder that a child can bring to anyone's life, regardless of their age.

I didn't have enough time with most of my Grandparents and the time that I did have came while I wasn't old enough to appreciate it.  This picture reminds me me that family instincts, bonding and love, transcend generations and health conditions, they are literally boundless and something to be remembered and memorialized as often as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment