Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thank you to a wise, wise man

Thank you to my Dad for indulging me in conversations that go something like this:
Bop boo, beep boo (sound of me dialing the phone).
Dad:  Hello…
Me: Hi Dad it’s me.  2 things.  Did you get my email about the vinyl window decals?
Dad: Yeah…
Me: Ok, good.  One other thing, and tell me this is stupid, but… and I’m even nervous to ask you what you think, but… I really want to get a dog… do you think that this is a bad idea?
Dad: (Crickets)
Me:  Because, I found this dog and his name is Sam and he’s so cute.  And the boys really need a dog so they are socialized to animals.  And he’s not a puppy, because there’s no way in hell I’m ever getting a puppy, but his pictures are so cute.  He’s sitting in the pictures; so he already knows how to sit!
Dad: (Crickets)

Now the silence is so long and painful that I’m actually starting to think that we may have gotten cut off.

Me:  Dad?
Dad:  Let me think about it…
Me:  Well what’s your initial reaction?
Dad:  Well, my initial thought is that you’d have to keep your floors much cleaner.

And scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment