Sunday, August 14, 2011

Good News

Good News
This sounds incredibly cliché; however, no news isn’t good news, good news is good news.  So in honor of spreading some good vibes, here are some tidbits of good news:
·         Blog Crush: Recently, I have been kinda blog-crushing on someone who just got some good news; she and her husband were waiting to adopt and they finally got matched with their son.  The story is heartwarming and inspiring; not to mention honest and heartbreaking, but she explains all of her feelings very eloquently, admirable even.  In addition to her detailing her adoption process, she’s also a picture blogger.  Her husband and she are handy, so there’s no shortage of before and afters, but like myself she’s also kinda obsessed with everyday pictures edited to look fancy.  So, while I don’t need an excuse to post   some edited to fabulousness pictures, it’s nice to know that other people who don’t make a living behind the lens enjoy photography and photo editing the crap out of their pictures as much as I do.  Check out their story here.

·         First Birthday Awesomeness:  As I’ve said before and will say again, Baby’s 1st Birthdays are for the parents.  So that’s why I am stoked that I found this perfect 1st Birthday celebration to get the ball rolling.  As Rajan, a dear friend of mine, would say, it’s going to be epic.  Check out the decoration that inspired it all. (And yes, Dad... I realize it’s a total waste of money, but I'm pretty sure celebrities would do this sort of thing for their babies, so that makes it all worth it.)  Check out the "Round Birthday Decal" and tell me that's not awesome.  I'm seriously thinking about this for my 30th Birthday Celebration.  (That's right, it's capitalized because it's an event.) 

This little guy is worth EVERY penny!

Doesn't this look like a baby Glamour Shot?


·         That’s a Whopping 20%-26% Savings:  Since day care costs have risen along with every other expenditure in the world, I have started my own version of extreme couponing called, buy generic and memorize the supermarket circular in order to save some money.  Hence, the 20%-26% savings per bill, which may not sound like a lot, but every dollar counts, right?  And also hence the 8 unopened jars of salsa and 9 unopened bottles of barbeque sauce in our linen closet.

·         Speaking of Savings, Lovin’ Me Some Borders**:  Reading is awesome but expensive.  I know the argument to that: the library.  Like I’ve said before, the Dewey Decimal system sucks and libraries smell like a mold outbreak waiting to happen; therefore, there ain’t no way in hell that I’m going to be swiping my library card anytime soon.  So what’s a girl to do?  I have taken a serious interest in the Borders sale happening right now; 30%-50% off?  Awesome.  Books that are going to be used for nothing other than craft projects 50% off?  Outstanding.  Check it out. Now.

·         Holiday Shopping:  I’m 80% done.  100% of the gifts I bought were either: a) on sale, b) under $5.00 or c) on sale for under five dollars.

These are just some of the good things happening right now…  If you have good news, shout it from the roof tops, baby!

**In all seriousness, it really is completely tragic that 11,000 people are losing their jobs because Borders is going out of business; in this economy, the last thing I would want to be struggling with is financial insecurity.  This is the opposite of good news, this is terrible news; good luck to anyone and everyone affected by this closing.

No comments:

Post a Comment