Friday, August 19, 2011

New Years Resolution: An Update

Perhaps I should have attempted to do just 1 resolution: stop taking on too much.  But that’s totally not my nature and not what keeps life entertaining.  So, let’s take a little look-see at the old resolutions list and see where we stand, shall we?
  • Paint my nails more: I have actually been doing this more often.  However, I still have the same qualm about it; once it is chipping and needs to be removed, I get lazy and just let it flake off for the next month or so.  Not a-tractive at all!  But since it’s happened more than last year, this is complete.
  • Worry less: I think I have done this occasionally this year, so I’m going to say that this is complete.
  • Turn off the TV for the whole day one Sunday a month: This has not happened once.  Fail.
  • Play music while we're eating dinner: I should have clarified this, I don’t mean play as in perform a tableside concert alah 5th grade where I sat in the back and just pretended to play, I mean play as in push the button with the triangle on it.  We have done this quite a few nights; therefore, this has been completed.
  • Bake more: Nope, hasn’t happened once!
  • Buy matching bed linens.  Including the comforter: Purchased, just haven’t put them on yet.  Half-fail.
  • Vacuum more: Check!
  • Organize my closet: Haven’t even touched it.
  • Write more letters/emails: I’m good with emails, but I haven’t written a single letter.  Letter writing is pretty archaic anyways, so I’m going to dispose of this resolution because on second thought this is stupid.
  • Actually send the letters and emails:  See above.
  • Check the mail every day: We’re consistently inconsistent with this one.  So it’s a tossup.
  • Be more creative: I’m pretty creative, it’s the following through with the idea that is the problem.  Hence the 30 craft projects in various stages around our house.  (I swear that I am actually going to learn how to sew though…)
  • Learn how to sew: Rhut Rho Reorge, I kinda lost the foot pedal.  This is an incomplete…
  • Make Wub's Halloween costume.  He has always wanted to be a sack of potatoes: Uhm, I still have time on this one, so I’m going to say: there’s a chance.  Although the odds are looking pretty bad.
  • Be more thoughtful: I have tried.  I am trying.  I will continue to try.
  • Take more pictures.  (I ordered the best of 2010 pictures this morning and there were on 314 pictures, which makes me a little sad.  Only 314?  That's not even a picture a day.  Weak.) :  Total awesomesauce on this one.  In one week alone we/I took 555 pictures.  Check please.
  • Call people more.  I'm a fan of texting, but I should get better about that: I realized something, I’m a texter, a writer, a person who likes to remove awkward silences at all costs.  Therefore, calling is never going to be an option.  This resolution has been eliminated.  
  • Entertain more often.  It's hard with little ones, but our friends are awesome and really go out of their way to accommodate our kid friendly requests: I am in the midst of planning some kind of end of the Summer/start of Fall party.  Besides this, I have been spreading the word about my 30th Birthday Party and also checking into some ideas for Arden’s 1st.  We have only had people over a few times, but it’s always quality of quantity with these types of things.  So this is totally complete.
  • Dance with Cullen more.  He loves it: Done and done.
  • Be more prepared: I think this is every mother’s motto and I’m pretty sure that the travel first aid kit in my purse counts as being prepared.  Booyah!
  • Get my hair cut: I can proudly say that this was done in February.  If I keep the same hair tending schedule, I’m not due for another hair cut until August of 2013.  Don’t judge me.
  • Order something different when I go out to eat.  If I find something I like on a menu, I never order anything else: I have gotten slightly better about this; although, one of the reasons that I order the same thing every time I go out is because I know how it “sits” in my belly… if you know what I mean.  Oh!
  • Be rational: (Whoa, I was really on my high-horse about some of these resolutions, I would like to tell my resolution gauntlet throwingself to shut up!) Ahhh… I’m workin’ on it.
  • Be more patriotic: The boys both have Old Navy American flag t-shirts and I explained to Zeta why there are 50 stars on the flag.  Mission accomplished.
So, lets recap, that’s:
4 completes, 1 fail, 1 hasn’t happened once, 1 half-fail, 1 check, 1 haven’t even touched it, 1 disposed of resolution, 1 see above, 1 tossup, 1 non-answer, 1 incomplete due to lost foot pedal, 1 there’s still time left,  1 I’m trying, 1 check please, 1 eliminated resolution, 1 totally complete, 1 done and done, 1 booyah, 1 don’t judge me, 1 diarrhea reference, 1 I’m workin’ on it and a mission accomplished.
All in all, I would say, it’s about what I expected.  So let’s see if I can kick it into high gear for the last 4 months.  Go team me!

No comments:

Post a Comment