Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Boys' Room

Before and after we moved in, I made "finishing" the boys' room the first priority.  I say "finishing" because it's not finished.  But, I did say that I'd have pictures of their room up this week and this is a judgment free zone up in here, so I will post what I got, because what I've got is still pretty damn good for being in the house less than a week.

One of the things that I lovex10 is when people include the sources for pieces in their houses/rooms, etc.  So I will try and do that as much as possible and include links wherever possible too.





















The look: Eclectic and easy.  I wanted to mix functional with cheap, with some Pottery Barn mixed in.  Originally, we had planned on painting the wall behind the headboards light green, but when we moved in and saw the light blue walls, Jim and I both agreed that we liked the color and that it'd work just as well.  (Jim was the most happy about this, since it meant no painting.)

Biggest success: Hanging the home-made names above the headboards.  I wanted a way to personalize each bed, but didn't know how I was going to do it.  Originally, the names were going to be hung on the walls on either side of the room, but at the last minute, I put them on top of the beds and loved them.

Biggest fail:  Not having everything functional when taking the pictures- hello green lamp.

Biggest bargain:  The night stand, the night stand, the night stand.  I'm obsessed with that thing.  We went poppin' tags at Goodwill and found this beautiful thing for $10... TEN BUCKS!

1.  Pottery Barn ABC Paper Mobile, on sale for $17.99.  Here is the link; however, it's no longer available.  Frowny face.
2.  Dog print, Marshalls Home Goods, about $15
3.  Arden sign was handmade by my Mother-in-law when he was born.
4.  FJELLSE Bed Frame from Ikea, $39.99
5.  Star Quilted Bedding, Pottery Barn, $129-159, here's the thing though, I would never pay that for bedding for a kid's room.  We went to the outlet closest to us and found it there for around $70.
6.  Dog print, Marshalls Home Goods, about $15
7.  Cullen sign was handmade by my Mother-in-law when he was born.
8.  Dump Truck Pillow, Target,  $16.14
9.  Two white curtain panels, Target, about $10 each
10.  Table lamp, Target, $15
11.  Dump Truck Night Light, Target, $14.24
12.  Night stand, Goodwill, $10
13.  Mustache wood hanging, Marshalls Home Goods, about $15
14.  I made the boys each a button letter on canvas about a year ago, I just need to dig Cullen's out of the box it's packed in and hang it up.
15.  Big Dill Art Print by Phil Jones, Urban Outfitters, about $19
16.  The I heart u artwork is from Target, I got it over 2 years ago and tried to find it on their website, but wasn't able to.  So maybe I should say something like, I heart u artwork, Target, vintage.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love the matching boys beds and the simple minimalism of the room :)

    ReplyDelete