Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mommy's day in

Some people love to be out and about, not me.  I love the comfort of my house, the freedom to wear tacky pajamas all day long and the comfort of knowing that on cold, snowy winter days I can just sit back and watch it fall and cover our patio furniture (which we have yet to put away...).

I especially love staying in during the Christmas season for a few reasons:
    
    Wubbles' Christmas stocking
    
  • All three of our stockings are hung and we got the perfect stocking stuffer for Wubbles, his first toothbrush and little snack boxes of Animal Crackers.  Very non-sequitur, but it's what Christmas is all about.
  • There are holiday themed TV episodes and cooking shows get top priority over plastic surgery documentaries.  I have been watching reruns of Top Chef All Stars thinking how much I would love to go out to dinner with Dale and Casey and drink way too much and then drag them dancing, full well knowing we will embarrass ourselves.  
  • I love that despite what I thought and what everyone told me that Wubbles hasn't even attempted to touch the Christmas tree.  It's like he has this incredible willpower to just ignore it.  I love him for that.
  • Wubbles' 1st Santa Pictures are scattered on our dining room table, waiting to be included in the Christmas cards that we will give people with their gifts.  The pictures are extra special since we didn't take any last year, because the medical community basically convinced Jim and I that every single mall Santa in the tri-state area had a big red bag full of swine flu.
  • I can listen to Christmas music anytime I want.  In fact, I just turned some on.  Christmas Canon is one of those awesome songs to have as background music.
  • Our front door is decked with a simple, but classic Christmas wreath.  And I know it's not a competition (even though I made it into one), but we were the first ones on the block to put one up.  Bam!  Thanks, Giant.
  • The smells of Christmas are the best.  Hands down.  Wet pavement smell doesn't have anything on cinnamon apples and pumpkin pie.
It makes me happy and content to just be here, in my house, with Christmas and the love of my boys all around.  It also brings a smile to my face that the tree is still upright.  She's a strong old girl.

Until tomorrow or the next day, goodbye.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment