Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Happy To Be Three

About 7 months ago, give or take a few days, Arden turned three... And about 7 months ago, give or take a few days, Jameslyn was born.  Both were very special moments, and both of them involved me being tired, huge and pregnant/not pregnant.  Arden definitely got the short end of the stick on his birthday.  We just got a grocery store cake, had over our parents, sang and called it a day.  It was totally a legit birthday, but it also could have been better.  For the next 7 months, I talked frequently about the party that I was going to have for Arden.  Themes, food, people, etc.  Well that talk never materialized into an actual party...

Guilty mother that I am, I decided that I just needed to have the damn party and that no matter who showed up or what decorations I actually managed to make/buy that the party had to happen.  It was a nice party and he was happy to be three, because, well because he doesn't have a say in the matter.  We got a bouncy house, I made a cake (I think that's sorta my thing now...) and we ordered food.

The day started off with a knock on our front door at 6:45 am; the bouncy house was in da' house!!!  (Or really the back yard)  Despite being 3 hours early, we were all like: awesome and there was bouncing and sliding before 7:00 am.  The party ended when the birthday boy laid down on the couch and fell asleep; party over.  I know it wasn't over the top, or jaw dropping, but it was legit fun, something that cannot be overlooked and certainly the number one priority to a three year old.























No comments:

Post a Comment