Friday, September 12, 2014

George, She's Pulling Herself Up!

There's this movie, maybe you've heard of it: Father of the Bride (Part 1).  As I'm sure you can extrapolate from the title, the movie is set from the viewpoint of George Banks, Annie Banks' father.  George recounts the fiasco that is Annie's wedding and all of the goings ons around it.  As Annie returns from Rome, George's secretary announces over the loudspeaker at the sneaker factory that George owns, "George, she landed!"

That line has really stuck around with my sister and I.  Every trip we take or important milestone, we exclaimed, "George, she landed!"  Or "George, she sitting!"  Or "George, she's crawling!"  Well, "George, she's pulling herself up!"  Can you believe that; pulling herself up and then standing?!  This girl is something else.

I'm not sure exactly who she's going to be; maybe funny, maybe serious, maybe carefree or maybe by the book; but no matter who she turns into, she will be standing.  Standing at 7 months, standing at her wedding... You get it, right?  I'm being Mrs. Sentimental 2014; but for real, this is kind of a big thing.  And being the good mother that I am, I had to document it all.  So, here she is, George; standing!


No comments:

Post a Comment