Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mom Powers

Since I was little, I've wanted super powers.  Big ones like flying or lesser known super powers like Ma-Ti had on Captain Planet... and incase you're wondering, Ma-Ti's powers were Heart and Telepathy.  When I was little, I thought Heart powers sucked.  As I grew older, I realized that these powers may have been less dazzling, but they were no less important.

So, after my desire for super powers like flying, X-ray vision and invisibility waned, I thought that maybe I could come up with something more realistic and equally as impressive.  Recently, I came to fully understand a super power that was so unassuming, it nearly passed by me without recognizing the awesomeness of it's impact.  Drum roll please: I know the size of any article of clothing that my children are wearing, including accessories.

Harnessing these powers usually results in conversations like this:

Me: Did we wash those clothes from H&M?
Jim: Yes.
M: Did we wash her shorts?
J: Everything for her was too big to wear right now...
M: No, it wasn't.  She had shorts in there that were a size 4-6 months.  Can you please look again.

5 minutes later....
J: You were right, she did have shorts in there, they're being washed now.

Do all Mom's have this power?  It seems more than likely that they do.  As a mom, you get asked that a lot.  What size clothes does so and so wear?  Or what size shoe is so and so?  And almost always, a mom can not only tell you the exact size her child is now, but she can also give you their sizes for the next two seasons.

So for all those other super mom's out there, this talent might seem unassuming, but cheers to us who keep our children not only clothed today, but clothed in the Summer and Fall too... now we just need to figure out our costumes.




No comments:

Post a Comment