Thursday, September 12, 2013

We've Got A Nice Little Spot

There are some days when I have these big plans and we end up trekking 45 minutes to Ikea and then running home grabbing lunch and putting the boys down for naps, then we go to Michaels and Target and a how can we forget about that quick jaunt into Home Goods... our weekends have become a blurry mess of errands and spur of the moment trips that involve packing everyone into the car and driving somewhere.  Recently though, I've just wanted to stop, collect ourselves and step back from our busy lives, particularly on the weekends and relax.  We're finally in the home of our present and our future, talking almost daily about the fires we're excited to build in the fire place, our boys are growing up so quickly and learning new things daily; just the other night Cullen turned to me and said, "What does that man have on his armpits?"  (for the record, it was hair and he thought that was hilarious) and I realize that I've got to do better at saying no to an almost second nature habit of cramming in things that I want to do on the weekend, but don't need to do.

I need to do family time.  I need to do walks to recharge my energy and our family energy.  We have a pond in our neighborhood that we walked to for the first time last weekend, and I've come to realize that I need to do this pond more often.  Those are my needs that I've somehow over looked that I'm trying to get back into focus.  After I got home and looked at the pictures of the boys enjoying the trip to the pond, I realize that they need this too, they need this nice little spot to stretch their legs and enjoy the fish that create ripples as they swim over to the pond's edge.

We all got this chance to have a nice little spot, not just at the pond, but also in our lives right now and I'm going to make it a priority to enjoy it more.










No comments:

Post a Comment