Monday, September 9, 2013

Ahoy, Ye Landlubbers and Monsters!

So, did everyone know that it is Landlubbers and not Landlovers?!  'Cause I sure as heck didn't... but let's move on, shall we.

Bear with me, this post may be a little ramble-bambly, but we'll get there... eventually.  My whole life, I've always done things at the very last minute, waiting until the last second if possible; and usually things work out in a rushed, half-assed type of way.  As a mother, I am sincerely trying to analyze this and improve upon it; and how's that going, you ask?  Fair to partly cloudy.  Sometimes I'm the early bird, chowing down on a freakin' smorgasbord of worms and other times, it's all picked over with only the dried, crusty worms left, figuratively speaking of course.

Three years in a row, I've either searched frantically at the last moment to find a relatively cute costume in a size that remotely fits or we've bought costumes that are okay, but not awesome.  This year that's all changed after an impromptu trip to Costco- BOOM!  We got "the perfect" Halloween costumes and I don't wanna brag, but guess who had dinner last night with a Pirate and Sulley?  That's right, this girl.

I know, I know, we let them open the costumes and now there's no going back; it's Costume Time all the time up in here, but apparently that's a family tradition that started with my Grandmother, so I feel confident that I'm in good-Mom-company.

And, we let them buy two costumes because they were just so cute... but really, could anyone say no to these two?  Probably not.













No comments:

Post a Comment