Monday, June 17, 2013

Droppin' Some Things

I've been feeling like I've been dropping things lately.  My work life has strong-armed my home life and I've missed out on a lot (for example: updating this blog).  So I'm trying to get my life back into a better balance.  As a working mother, the "balance" will never be fair- I will forever be missing out on things, but it's something that I've been able to accept a little bit more recently.

Along with droppin' life things, I'm about to drop some news up on this blog... we're moving!  Like, legit packing up our house, getting a van, driving down the road  and moving into a glorious new house.  One of the recent decisions that Jim and I have arrived at is that we cannot handle the size of our house; while it's beautiful, it's overwhelming when you're working 60 hours a week and it takes too much of my precious time to keep it clean.  As of writing this, we've got 39 days and 8 hours until we take custody of our house.

Buying this house has meant the world to me.  This is the house that I want to watch my kids to call their house.  I want to watch them play in the front yard while sipping diet lemonade on the front porch.  I want to have them bound down the stairs on Christmas morning and enjoy opening their gifts next to a roaring fire.  I want this house to be anything and everything... now, is that asking too much?

I'm so looking forward to moving in.  We're going to be doing some of the projects ourselves... which, of course, will be documented here.  I've gotten a lot of inspiration recently from a little habit called: scrolling Apartment Therapy for hours on end and getting inspired because of it.  We've raided our Goodwill's for some bargain finds (hello $10 coffee table) and the previous owners have done an almost impossible job of keeping the house in pristine condition.

I'm so excited for this next step for my family and I, it's going to be fun.  Check out some of our amazing finds:






No comments:

Post a Comment