Saturday, October 15, 2011

Holy Smokes, I Just Made Butter

So to recap, I totally made butter (on purpose); how Victorian is that?  Answer: so Victorian.

Let me explain how this works and what you need:
1 small glass jar (I used a 2nd stage baby food jar)
Heavy whipping cream

Pour heavy cream to fill 1/4 of the small jar.  Shake for 2.30 or until you no longer hear liquid sloshing around.  Whalah.


Please note that this was after the butter was made, the cream was not filled up to the lid.

This butter even looks like the butter at the store!

I have also heard that you can put a marble in to help the process; however, I didn't find it necessary.  But if I was doing this with kids I would do it just for the sound effect.
Kids or not, I highly recommend this because the butter tastes amazeballs and you will feel like a total pioneer.

Tip: the amount of cream you put into the jar is important, do not fill more than 1/3 of the jar with cream or it will not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment