Wednesday, August 14, 2013

It'll Do

When Jim suggested that we go to a chain diner restaurant the other night, I agreed... or rather acquiesced, thinking to myself, "it'll do," which I can't say now without thinking of Babe, the movie.  I didn't want some dumb ol' chain hamburger and fries or worse yet, the stress that comes from having both kids unhappy with anything on the menu, which is how the regular family meal out for us goes.  But this time it was different.  Like, way different.

The kids were well behaved.

There were no shoes being flung over the booth behind us, or spilled drinks, better yet: I ate an entire meal without having to lift someone over me to go to Daddy, or get up to chase someone who's bolting for the door.  It was so refreshing and wonderful, it was almost too much.  It turned my "it'll do" into, "let's do it again!"

Don't get it twisted though, it's entirely too much to think that every single time that we go out will be this awesome, most times are going to be ok; which is something that I will settle for in light of the fact that we've had bad and even downright terrible meals out, where I swear that we're never going out again, but always change my mind when Friday rolls around and we need a break.

As I always do, I couldn't resist snapping away some pictures- even the light was freakin' amazing and the boys were paying me no mind, which made the pictures, in my opinion, are perfect... I know I'm laying it on pretty thick, but honestly, it was a real turning point in our dining out career; there is hope.







No comments:

Post a Comment