Monday, December 24, 2012

A Not So Silent Night

Every once in while, Cullen has a rough night, you know the kind where he just can't fall back asleep when he wakes up.  When this happens, I usually give him a few minutes to fall back asleep, but if and when he doesn't I go in and get him.  It usually goes something like this:

Cullen:  Hi, Mom!
Me:  Hi, Cullen.  What's up, you can't sleep?
Cullen:  Can I come downstairs?
Me:  It's 3:00 in the morning, I think you should go back to bed.
Cullen:  (blank stare)
Me:  Alright. Let's go.
Cullen:  Where's Daddy and Arden?

And you know what?  It usually ends up being a really good time.  We watch TV and chat and usually we fall asleep on the couch- but don't get me wrong, I'm no fool, I ain't doin this every night.

So, in the spirit of Christmas, I'm wishing everyone a not so silent night every once in a while, because that's really about all anybody can handle...


No comments:

Post a Comment