Saturday, January 1, 2011

Simple things

I think 2011 should be all about the simple things; about finding happiness in everything, not just the milestones or events.  In keeping with that, here are my resolutions, big and small.  (Please disregard the total Oprah-ness of this.  Thanks!)

This year I will try to:
  • Paint my nails more.
  • Worry less.
  • Turn off the TV for the whole day one Sunday a month.
  • Play music while we're eating dinner.
  • Bake more.
  • Buy matching bed linens.  Including the comforter.
  • Vacuum more.
  • Organize my closet.
  • Write more letters/emails.
  • Actually send the letters and emails.
  • Check the mail every day.
  • Be more creative.
  • Learn how to sew.
  • Make Wub's Halloween costume.  He has always wanted to be a sack of potatoes.
  • Be more thoughtful.
  • Take more pictures.  (I ordered the best of 2010 pictures this morning and there were on 314 pictures, which makes me a little sad.  Only 314?  That's not even a picture a day.  Weak.)
  • Call people more.  I'm a fan of texting, but I should get better about that.
  • Entertain more often.  It's hard with little ones, but our friends are awesome and really go out of their way to accommodate our kid friendly requests.
  • Dance with Cullen more.  He loves it.
  • Be more prepared.
  • Get my hair cut.
  • Order something different when I go out to eat.  If I find something I like on a menu, I never order anything else.
  • Be rational.
  • Be more patriotic.
Those are just a few of the things that I would like to do.  I won't be disappointed if I don't achieve everything on the list, but I think having some simple goals in life is a good thing.

On a last of 2010 note, we went to an awesome party last night!  (As is evidenced by the fabulous pictures below.)  However, celebrating the New Year has sort of lost it's luster since we had Wubbles, we didn't even make it to see the ball drop.  Maybe that should be added to the list for 2011:
  • See the ball drop into 2012.
This one is just a matter of getting the appropriate naps the day of.  I am confident I can say that I achieved this goal.





I hope everyone enjoys 2011 as much as I'm planning to!

No comments:

Post a Comment