Thursday, November 7, 2013

I Totally Made This Thing

ATTENTION EVERYONE, I TOTALLY MADE THIS CAKE!
(Can you tell that in my mind, I'm kind of a big deal right now?)

When Cullen told me that he wanted a Ninja Turtle cake, I did what any parent would: google image searched Ninja Turtle cakes until I found one that I thought I could replicate.  With zero knowledge of cake decorating, unless you include countless hours spent watching Ace of Cakes and the cake testing for my wedding, I embarked on what I thought was sure to be a simple little cake.  

Yo, I was wrong.

This thing was hard.  It was heavy and time consuming, but totally worth it when Cullen exclaimed, "Mom, I love it!"  (I swear, I didn't even make him say it.)  It brings back fond memories of the time my Grandmother made me a Barbie cake for my birthday and it was awesome; the skirt was made of cake! Who wouldn't want a cake skirt?!

As I warned all of my family members, if you don't like it, lie to me.  So on that sentiment, I will leave you with the cake from start to finish and the response I got from my sister after I emailed her pictures:

Megan- It looks really good
Me- Really or are you just saying that??  Because it took a lot of work!
Megan- Well you told me to lie; Just kidding, I think it looks good.  I bet for the party it will look even better
Me- Uhm, let's not go making assumptions... I literally gave it all I got this time!
Megan- Well you'll need to give it 110% next time


















1 comment:

  1. WHOA! I think it's awesome! I'm not lying at all! I could never do that. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete