Monday, September 5, 2011

Our Collective Heritage

Jim and I are both Polish, which means our kids are also Polish (wasn't that really Polish of me to say that?). Today we decided to go to a Polish festival.  Please enjoy these pictures.  Also, much to my sadness a few things couldn't be captured on film, most notably, the priest who was wearing a red cowboy hat and the Polish band who sang, "Sex on the Beach" by The Vengaboys; mark my words, I shall be prepared next year!


Taking it in.

Steamed kielbasa with sauerkraut. Delicious.

Bigos.  Amazeballs.  Totally youtubed the recipe on the ride home.







The placki was to fantastic.


I'm a sucker for a shirt that makes a cultural statement.  We bought 2.

The golumpki was terrific and I don't even like golumpki!

And we saved the dessert for the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment